Yield: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into thin strips (21 oz)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (8 oz)
- 1.5 lb. sirloin steak, cut into thin strips (I buy mine pre-cut)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasoning ingredients.
- Place the sliced vegetables in a large bowl. Sprinkle with half the seasoning mix. Use your clean hands to rub the spices into the vegetables.
- Place the steak slices in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mix. Use your clean hands to rub the spices into the meat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and the onion. Cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables to a plate.
- Add the steak slices to the same skillet. Stir-fry just until no longer raw, 2-3 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet. Stir-fry everything together 1-2 more minutes, just until heated through.
- Spoon the fajitas into warm tortillas, or skip the starch as I do and and serve the fajitas in bowls, drizzled with the yummy pan juices, and topped (if you wish) with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and/or shredded cheddar.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 351; Fat: 14g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 400mg;Fiber: 4g; Protein: 40g