This Chinese-American dish is full of nutty flavor thanks to a healthy helping of cashews! This cashew chicken is made easy in your slow cooker, and tastes just like the yummy take-out you are used to! In fact, with that beautiful brown coating you’ll probably never go back to take-out again!
The sauce thickens up as it cooks and the chicken gets a good browning before being placed in the crock pot. Once you try this dish you’ll be putting in on repeat week after week! Experiment with the seasoning to make this spicier or milder, just the way you like it. This recipe serves 4-6 and is cooked on low for 3-4 hours.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Crock Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup UNSALTED cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir.