The creamy sauce is full of flavor and mushrooms and will be one of the best things that you make!
This Creamy Chicken Marsala became an instant favorite with the very first bite.
- Serves: 4-6
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced*
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup Marsala wine** see note
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken and lightly salt and pepper.
- Cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes.
- Add marsala wine and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- This allows the alcohol to burn out.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Place chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
*I like to slice my chicken breasts in half or buy them thinly sliced so that they cook quickly and easily.
** The alcohol in the marsala wine burns off during the cooking process. If you are worried about cooking with wine, they say this recipe makes a good substitute.
1/4 cup of white grape juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
Nutritional Info :
smart points 13