Since it’s not socially acceptable to visit Cracker Barrel™ just for their fried apples, we made this copycat version so you can have them whenever you want—like, every day with every meal. No judgments here.
- 2 cups apple juice, plus, 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 large golden delicious apples, with peel, cut 1/2 inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium skillet, combine the 2 cups apple juice and sliced apples.
- Simmer gently until apples are fork tender but not mushy, turning apples frequently.
- Remove apples from juice using a slotted spoon and place in an oven safe dish.
- In a blender, combine the remaining 1/2 cup apple juice, cornstarch, apple pie spice and sugar.
- Blend a few seconds until smooth.
- 6 – Whisk mixture into hot apple juice in skillet and cook, stirring constantly on medium high heat until it bubbles and becomes thickened and smooth.
- Pour thickened mixture over apples and serve.
Are We Friends on Pinterest?FOLLOW ME for more Great Recipes! @1krecipes