These easy Corn Fritters are sweet and delicate, and they’re a great way to use fresh sweet corn once the thrill of eating fresh corn-on-the-cob has worn off a bit and you’re looking for something new. Serve these fritters plain or with a spicy salsa fresca, cilantro sauce, or other kicky sauce to highlight their sweetness.
If you haven’t made fritters before, get ready to discover a delicious way to cook up fresh vegetables.
Feel free to double this recipe, for more fritter fun.
- The best and least messy way to cut kernels from ears of corn is simple: Set one end of an ear in a large bowl and cut the kernels off, cutting down the cob and away from yourself. This method lets the kernels fall into the bowl and the bowl to catch and stop any juicy splatters. As you work with multiple ears, you may need to move the cut kernels to one side of the bowl or another to make room to cut properly, but this is worth the effort to avoid having corn kernels flying all over the kitchen!
- Don’t skip the chilling time for the corn-egg mixture. This chilling time is key since it gives the flour a chance to absorb some of the egg and other liquid and lets the batter settle, thickening the batter and making more fritter-like, crispy and lacey fritters.
For creamier fritters, after you cut the kernels off the cobs, use a large-hole grater to grate whatever bits of corn remain on the cobs; or cut the kernels off 2 ears and grate the kernels off the other 2 ears.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
EASY CORN FRITTERS RECIPE
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 shredded cheese
- 1 pat butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- Drain corn and discard liquid.
- Put eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl and beat.
- Add flour and baking powder, whisk until smooth.
- Add corn and cheese.
- Put butter and oil in frypan, Heat until bubbly over medium heat.
- Drop corn mixture in spoonful lots into frypan.
- When golden turn and cook other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve.