Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole is loaded with sausage, cheese and eggs. Assemble it the night before for a simple, delicious breakfast in no time!
HOW TO MAKE A BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Making Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole is so easy, you can practically do it in your sleep.
All you need to do is cook the sausage, and then layer it into a baking dish with the cubed bread, cheese and veggies. I like to toast my bread while the sausage is cooking, but that’s completely optional.
From there, just whisk together eggs with some milk and seasoning, and pour them over the rest of the casserole. After a rest in the fridge, it’s ready to bake.
When I was taking this to work, I would prep everything the night before, refrigerate it overnight and then pop it into the oven while I got ready for work.
I’d cover it with foil and it would still be piping hot by the time our meeting started.
Whether you’re looking for a simple and delicious Christmas breakfast casserole or feeding a crowd for Sunday brunch, this Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole is sure to please!
- Serves 8 to 10
- 16-oz. pkg. shredded frozen hashbrowns, thawed and divided
- 1 onion, chopped and divided
- 1 pound ground pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 doz. eggs, beaten1 1/2 cups milk
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Optional: garlic salt to taste
- Spread half of the hashbrowns in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan. Layer ingredients as follows: half the onion, sausage, remaining onion, green pepper, mushrooms and half the cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour egg mixture over casserole; top with remaining hashbrowns and remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!