• 2 large Granny Smith apples
• 1 tube Cinnamon Rolls (I used Pillsbury Grands CINNABON Rolls with Icing)
• 4 tablespoons salted butter
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for a dark pan)
- Peel apples. Cut apples into thirds and set aside the extra apple wedge (or snack on it while you’re baking). Slice off the core of each wedge.
- Unroll the 5 cinnamon rolls.
- Starting at the edge of each apple, wrap a cinnamon roll strip around the apple wedge, completely covering it. Pinch the ends to seal them. You may find it helpful to pat the entire dough wrap inside your hands to create a good seal around the entire apple wedge.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and place the dough covered apples inside with about an inch of space between them.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and sugars for one minute. Stir well until it’s smooth.
- Spoon the sugar mixture evenly over each apple.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving then drizzle with the icing that came in the tube of cinnamon rolls.
Source : allrecipes.Com