Old Fashioned Chocolate Fudge, this is the best, creamiest chocolate fudge, made the old fashioned way. The perfect Homemade Chocolate Candy.
How to make the best Fudge:
- Line your pan with parchment paper.
- Use a wooden spoon and not a whisk or metal spoon. Apparently it is easier on the fudge.
- Once the fudge boils, stop stirring and continue to cook on low heat so you don’t burn the fudge.
- Make sure your candy thermometer isn’t touching the bottom of the pot because you want the most accurate reading.
- Stir only until the mixture starts to lose it’s gloss.
- Be patient when making this fudge and enjoy every bite!
How to Store Homemade Chocolate Fudge:
Wrap the cut pieces in parchment paper and store in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag. Fudged stored at room temperature can last from 7 – 14 days.
Fudge can also be stored in the refrigerator wrapped and in an airtight container. In the fridge fudge will last 2 – 3 weeks.
If you decide to freeze your fudge, make sure to wrap it up and place it in an airtight freezer safe container, stored in the freezer it can last up to 3 months.
How to keep your fudge from being Gritty:
- Make sure the sugar has dissolved.
- It could be the fudge wasn’t beaten long enough or hard enough.
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
Combine sugar, cocoa and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir to blend, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer. Do not stir again.
Place candy thermometer in pan and cook until temperature reaches 238 degrees F(114 degrees C). If you are not using a thermometer, then cook until a drop of this mixture in a cup of cold water forms a soft ball. Feel the ball with your fingers to make sure it is the right consistency. It should flatten when pressed between your fingers.
Remove from heat. Add butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Beat with a wooden spoon until the fudge loses its sheen. Do not under beat.
Pour into prepared pan and let cool. Cut into about 60 squares.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!