- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 cups milk, separated
- 2 tbsp butter, separated
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Boil a large pot of salted water on the stovetop. Add in potatoes and cover, cooking for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Add in 1/2 cup milk, salt and pepper and 1 tbsp butter. Mash until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in flour.
- Whisk in milk, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, rosemary and curry powder. Continue to whisk constantly until it reaches a thick consistency. Add in chicken and frozen vegetables and stir for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread chicken mixture in a 1.5 quart casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. Broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com