- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: Heaping 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® brown rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots mix
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- In a wok or a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir constantly using a wooden spoon or spatula for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning and moving the chicken constantly while cooking. Scrape the chicken and garlic onto a plate and set aside.
- Microwave the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the pan. Once hot, add the onion, peas and carrots, and half of the green onions and stir-fry, constantly moving the mixture until the onions and carrots soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the outer edges of the wok or skillet to open up the center. Crack the eggs into the pan and scramble. When the eggs are cooked through, combine with the vegetables. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the reserved chicken, cooked brown rice, soy sauce, and oyster sauce to the vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve garnished with the remaining green onions.
- Per Serving (Heaping 1 cup):
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 23g
- SmartPoints: 6
The nutrition content of recipes on 1KRecipes.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.