1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 onions (medium, minced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)
1 green chilies (fresh, hot, minced)
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper (I used a quarter of this because my cayenne is extremely hot)
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 teaspoons cumin seed
- Heat Butter in a Pan.
- Add Cumin Seed and allow it to Crackle.
- Add Ginger and Green Chili and toss for half a minute.
- Add the chopped Onion and cook until golden brown.
- Add Ginger Paste and cook for a minute.
- Now add Red Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder, Chana Masala Powder and Salt and mix well.
- Add the Tomato Puree and water and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the Chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes in low heat.
- Mash a few Chickpeas with the help of a spatula. This will make the Gravy thicker.
- Cook further for 4-5 minutes in low heat.
- Garnish with Chopped Coriander Leaves.
Source : saffronchronicles,wordpress,com