- 1 pound large shrimp (about 25), peeled (tails left on), deveined
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprkia (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Grease a cookie sheet with oil and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and set aside. Combine breadcrumbs and coconut in another bowl and set aside. Lastly, combine flour and spices in a 3rd bowl.
- Dip shrimp in small batches in the flour mixture then the egg mixture (letting the excess drip off the shrimp) and then coat in the coconut/breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly spray with nonstick spray or drizzle with oil. Bake until the shrimp are golden on the outside and opaque in the center, about 10 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com