- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Rolos, unwrapped and cut in half
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can/jar (7-8 oz) prepared dulce de leche (I LOVE & highly recommend Trader Joe’s version)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8″ baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Mist the foil liberally with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and melted butter with a spatula until a thick but soft dough forms. Press ¾ of the dough into the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Top with the chopped Rolo candies evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and HALF of the can of dulce de leche until combined. Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the Rolo candies. You may not use all of it; that’s okay. Crumble the remaining dough on top of the bars, covering it as much as possible.
- Bake for approx. 30-35 minutes or until the edges of the bars are set and golden and the middle is just about set. It may be slightly jiggly still, and that’s okay; you don’t want to over-bake it as it will continue to set up as it cools. Cool completely.
- Before cutting into squares, drizzle with remaining dulce de leche. Serve immediately or store leftovers airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days. *NOTE: I recommend letting the bars set overnight so they’re more solid when you cut into them. This helps them from completely falling apart.
Source : allrecipes.Com