Double Chocolate Banana Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1¼ cups All-Bran Original cereal
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 large overripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips, plus additional for top if desired
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let sit 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with about 16 paper liners.
- Add bananas to bowl and mash with a whisk. Whisk in egg, applesauce and brown sugar.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Stir in with a spatula. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Ladle into prepared muffin pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes (Mine baked exactly 19 minutes) until a toothpick comes out clean or mostly clean.
- Let cool to room temperature (you can dive in before that, but the paper liners are difficult to remove from warm muffins!).
Source : allrecipes.com