The best part?
No need to use a scary mandoline, or to pre-salt the zucchini strands. Simply slice, sauté, season and enjoy.
- 2 medium zucchinis, unpeeled, ends trimmed (total weight 14 oz, 400g)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, slice each zucchini lengthwise into very thin slices, as thin as you can. Slice each of those slices into thin, noodle-like strands. Don’t worry about it if your slices aren’t even.
- Heat the butter in a very large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. When melted and foamy, add the zucchini noodles. Cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 more minute. Turn heat off.
- To the cooked zucchini noodles in the skillet, add the salt, pepper, pepper flakes and Parmesan. Mix well and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving