- 1tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, sliced or diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 200g Quorn ‘chicken’ pieces (or an alternative protein)
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp garam masala
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 400g carton of chopped tomatoes
- 100ml single cream
- Black pepper
- Boiled rice and fresh coriander, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan or wok, and add the onion, garlic and Quorn pieces (or whatever protein you’ve chosen to use). Cook over a medium heat, stirring regularly, for around 5 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Add the spices, and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes, and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5-10 more minutes, until your chosen protein is fully cooked, and the sauce has thickened nicely.
- Remove from the heat. Add the cream and seasonings, and mix well. Serve with boiled rice and plenty of fresh coriander.