Obviously amazing with crusty bread, for us low carbers it is thoroughly enjoyable eaten with a spoon.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups Pomi strained tomatoes*
- 3 (7oz) cod fillets, cut in half
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, kosher salt, crushed red peppers and tomato paste to create a paste.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet (I use a cast iron skillet for this recipe) over medium-high heat, 2-3 minutes. Add the paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the strained tomatoes. When the tomatoes start to boil, add the fish fillets, spooning the sauce on top. Cover (use heavy duty foil if your skillet does not come with a lid), lower heat to medium, and cook until fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes.