- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups no-sugar-added marinara sauce such as Rao’s
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add the beef and onions. Sauté, breaking up the beef as you cook, until beef is browned and liquids have evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Stir in the prepared tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
Nutritional information is for the sauce only.
Calories: 373; Fat: 27.5g; Carbohydrates: 9.3g; Sugar: 3g; Sodium: 697mg;Fiber: 1.9g; Protein: 22.8g