- Makes 4 servings .
- 1 pound salmon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- Cut the salmon into 4 portions. In a shallow container large enough to hold the salmon pieces, mix the soy sauce, mirin and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Coat both sides of the salmon with the mixture and arrange pieces skin side up in the container. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Arrange your oven racks so that the skillet you will be cooking in is as close as possible to the broiler flame. Turn on the broiler. Preheat a cast iron or other ovenproof skillet over high heat on the stove until very hot. Remove the salmon from the marinade and brush both sides with the oil. (If your pan is well-seasoned, you can skip this step.) Place the salmon skin side up in the skillet and transfer the pan to the broiler. Cook for 1-2 minutes and check for doneness. If it isn’t done, flip and cook for 1 minute more.
• Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to cook the salmon in batches.
• If you are in a rush, the marinating time can be reduced to as little as 15 minutes, but the salmon won’t be quite as flavorful.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 4