- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced shallot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 4 4-ounce tuna steaks, 1-1 1/4 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place shallot, bay leaf and wine in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce until the wine is almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard bay leaf and transfer to a small bowl. Add sour cream, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon dill, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir to combine.
- Put breadcrumbs, pistachios, the remaining 1 teaspoon dill and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender or food processor. Process until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Dredge both sides of the tuna in the pistachio mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the tuna and cook until browned, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Serve with the lemon-dill sauce.
7 g fat
2 g sat
8 g carbohydrates
0 g total sugars
29 g protein
1 g fiber