- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in egg, milk, and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
recipes adapted from: allrecipes