- ½ tablespoon butter for pan
- ½ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a square 8-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, with a hand whisk, whisk together the almond butter and eggs.
- Whisk in the honey and vanilla.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, and finally the baking soda, whisking to incorporate.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish. Tap the baking dish a few times to evenly distribute the batter. At this point, you can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until puffed and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares and serve.
Adapted from Elana’s Pantry
. The original recipe says to bake the cake for 12-15 minutes. Mine actually took 17 minutes – you can tell it’s not ready yet because the edges begin to puff and look dry, but the center is still sunken. But I made the batter the night before and refrigerated it overnight, so that might explain the significantly longer baking time.
Serving size: 1 square; Calories: 125; Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 7g; Sugar: 4g;Sodium: 83mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 3g