It’s smooth, creamy, just-sweet-enough, and very refreshing. No ice cream maker needed!
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large very ripe mango, peeled and cubed (1 lb. whole, 12oz without refuse) (2 cups cubed)
- 1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the mango cubes in your food processor’s bowl and process until completely smooth, stopping once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the yogurt, honey and vanilla and process until combined, stopping once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Process 1 more minute, until light and fluffy.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a square 9-inch pan. Cover with cling wrap, and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, Use a spatula to stir the already-frozen edges into the still-soft center, then use a whisk to mix everything together until smooth.
- Cover again, and place in the freezer for 2 more hours, repeating the process of stirring the yogurt every 30 minutes.
- When the entire mixture is frozen, serve immediately as a soft-serve yogurt (use chilled bowls), or freeze 1-2 more hours for a firmer consistency that you can scoop out with an ice cream scoop.
- If you end up storing the frozen yogurt for longer than that (say, overnight or a couple of days – I doubt it will last longer), remove it from the freezer 20 minutes before serving, to allow it to soften.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ½ cup; Calories: 181; Fat: 3g; Carbohydrates: 35g; Sugar: 17g;Sodium: 27mg; Protein: 5g