- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Castor sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups dessicated coconut (for the coating)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (good quality)
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ cup hot milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Whisk the sugar and eggs in a mixer until light and fluffy (I used my KitchenAid on level 5 for 3-4 minutes)
- Add the oil and vanilla essence and mix again.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture alternatively with the milk.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular, greased baking tin for 25-30 minutes at 180°
- Allow to cool and then cut off any crusts. Now, cut the sponge into small squares, about 4cm x 4cm (the traditional size for a lamington).
- Make the icing/coating and roll each square in the chocolate coating until all sides are covered. Be generous here and coat the sponges well!
- Now roll each lamington in coconut. Enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.Com