45 MINUTES TO PREPARE, SERVES 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 jalapeños, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup panko or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mexican cheese blend, grated
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F and lightly grease a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat and sauté panko breadcrumbs, stirring continuously to avoid burning, until golden brown. 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place panko in a shallow bowl. Whisk in taco seasoning until incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mexican cheese blend and minced jalapeño.
- Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breasts horizontally until almost butterflied (creating a pocket in the center), then scoop 1/4 cup cream cheese jalapeño mixture into the center of each chicken breast.
- If necessary, use a toothpick to keep filling in, then season both sides of chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl or dish and set next to the breadcrumbs. Dip each stuffed chicken breast in beaten egg, shake off excess, then press into taco-seasoned panko, pressing firmly so it adheres.
- Transfer coated chicken breast to greased baking sheet and continue with remaining chicken.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Recipe adapted from Key Ingredient
Recipe adapted from Key Ingredient