Yield: 8 servings
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and use clean hands to combine.
- Spread the mixture in a 9 X 13-inch baking dish, pressing on it to ensure it sticks together and to even it out.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake the sausage until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F, about 45 minutes.
- Using a wide slotted spatula, lift the baked sausage from the juices in the pan onto a wire rack that you’ve placed on foil. Allow to cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated, and reheat them in the microwave, or (tastier!) sauté in a skillet with a little olive oil.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 244; Fat: 17g; Carbohydrates: 1g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 362mg;Fiber: 0g; Protein: 21g