- ½ cup (8 tablespoons, 112 grams) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons, 128 grams) natural unsweetened peanut butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup (84 grams) honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (40 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave.
- Using a hand whisk, whisk in the peanut butter, honey and vanilla.
- Gradually sift the cocoa into the mixture (to prevent lumps). Whisk to incorporate after each addition.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Tap the muffin tin on the counter to even out the mixture.
- Place in the fridge. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, until firm, but if you want the peanut butter cups to retain their pretty shape when you remove the paper liners, it’s best to refrigerate overnight.
Semi-sweet chocolate: sugar, chocolate, cocoa butter, milk fat, soy lecithin, vanillin (artificial flavor), PGPR (emulsifier), milk; peanuts; sugar; dextrose; salt; TBHQ (preservative).
*Adapted from Practical Paleo.
Nutrition Per Serving
- Serving size: 1 peanut butter cup; Calories: 164; Fat: 14g; Carbohydrates: 9g;Sugar: 6.5g;
- Sodium: 52mg; Fiber: 1.5g; Protein: 4g