- 10 oz. penne
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic, shrimp, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Season with salt Cook until shrimp is pink and no longer opaque, 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet to let melt, then add flour and whisk until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Add tomatoes and cooked penne and toss until combined. (Add more milk if mixture is too thick.)
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parm and bake until melty, 5 to 7 minutes. Broil 2 to 3 more minutes until top is golden (watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn!).
- Garnish with remaining tablespoon parsley and serve.