Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower (1.25 lb./600 grams trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (6 oz)
- 1 large carrot, diced (3 oz)
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, diced (6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Wash and trim the cauliflower. Cut into large florets. Process in batches in food processor into the texture of rice.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and the carrot and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook 2 more minutes. Add the garlic and the ginger and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add the riced cauliflower. Cook, stirring constantly, 4-5 minutes, until cauliflower is starting to soften.
- Make a hole in the center of the veggies. Pour the eggs and one tablespoon of the soy sauce into the hole and scramble them into the hot cauliflower, stirring constantly, until cooked, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining soy sauce and the black pepper. Cook 1 more minute. Turn heat off and stir in the sesame oil. Sprinkle with the green onions and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 205; Fat: 11g; Carbohydrates: 19g; Sugar: 3g; Sodium: 692mg;Fiber: 6g; Protein: 10g