Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 60mins
- 10 cups peeled cored and sliced cooking apples. I use Gravensteins.
- 1 cup sugar (for a lower sugar option substitute with half or all Splenda)
- 3-4 Tbsp all-purpose flour (or gluten free)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- shake of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp butter (or non dairy type)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup shortening (I used Spectrum All Vegetable Shortening)
- 7-8 Tbsp cold water
In a large microwave safe mixing bowl add:
10 cups peeled, cored, and sliced apples.
In a small mixing bowl add:
Sugar, 3-4 Tbsp flour, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Mix well.
Add sugar mixture to apples and mix well by gently tossing until all apples are covered with mixture.
Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Gently mix well.
Microwave on high for another 3-4 minutes. Gently mix and set aside.