Yield: 6 popovers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for ramekins
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk*
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Generously butter six small (1/3 cup) ceramic ramekins, or 6 muffin liners. Make sure you grease the bottom – otherwise they tend to stick.
- Place the eggs, heavy cream and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk to incorporate. Add the coconut flour and whisk until smooth. Allow to rest a couple of minutes.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared ramekins. Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife along the edges of the popovers, then release them from the ramekins. Serve immediately, with butter and honey.
- *Use coconut milk for a Paleo version.
- Recipe adapted from Comfy Belly.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 2 popovers; Calories: 194; Fat: 13g; Saturated fat: 6g;Carbohydrates: 7g; Sodium: 325mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 11g