- Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
- 12ozuncooked whole wheat pasta, use whole-wheat egg noodles
- 1spray(s)cooking spray
- 2Tbspfat-free margarine, divided
- 3Tbspvinegar, tarragon-flavored
- 1pound(s)fresh mushroom(s), sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 1⁄2cup(s)fat free chicken broth
- 1cup(s)fat free skim milk
- 4tsparrowroot powder
- 1tspdried thyme
- 1tspdried tarragon
- 1⁄2tsptable salt, or more to taste
- 1⁄4tspblack pepper, or more to taste
- 1⁄4cup(s)fat free sour cream
- 3cup(s)cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1cup(s)frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3tspgrated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cook noodles according to package directions with added salt; drain and set aside.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375°F.Coat a 9 X 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon of margarine and vinegar together in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.Add mushrooms; cook until soft, stirring, about 5 minutes.Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- 4 Whisk broth, milk and arrowroot together in a medium-size saucepan until smooth.Stir in remaining tablespoon of margarine; set over medium heat.Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thickened and boiling, about 8 minutes.
Stir in thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper. Remove sauce from heat; stir in sour cream.
- 5 Combine cooked noodles, chicken, mushrooms, peas and carrots, and sauce together in a large bowl.Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with grated topping.Bake until bubbling and hot, and top is starting to brown, about 20 minutes.
Nutritional Info :
- smart points 6