Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour, Super Fine Grind
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Rapid rise yeast
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon honey (for the yeast)
- ½ cup (2 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup (3 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking soda, garlic powder and yeast.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and honey.
- With a rubber spatula, mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- Add the cheese, then knead the crumbly mixture into uniform, smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to form it into a 7-or-8-inch square (or circle, if that’s easier).
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden and edges begin to brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Switch oven to broil and set a rack 6 inches below flame (not directly below flame).
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the salt and garlic powder. Brush the top of the garlic bread with this mixture, then sprinkle the mozzarella, oregano and thyme on top.
- Broil 2 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 229; Fat: 19g; Carbohydrates: 7g; Sugar: 1g; Sodium: 434mg;Fiber: 3g; Protein: 11g