Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 oz) package Neufchatel cheese (or reduced-fat cream cheese), softened
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and honey over medium heat, whisking to incorporate.
- Add the gelatin and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and cream cheese and use an electric handheld mixer to beat the mixture until smooth.
- Pour into four small ramekins. Refrigerate until firm, 2-3 hours.
*For a lower-carb option, try using Nature’s Hollow sugar-free honey substitute(xylitol based). I haven’t tried it myself, so if you do try it, please let me know how it was! Nutrition for this version: Calories 166; fat 13g; saturated fat 8g; carbs 2g; sugars 0g; sodium 228mg; fiber 0g; protein 6g.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 186; Fat: 13g; Saturated fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 10g; Sugar: 9g;Sodium: 228mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 6g