Back to Top
- 8 servings
- Serving Size : 1 stuffed mushroom
- Smartpoints : 5
- 3 1/2 cups bourbon
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 cups fresh sweet cherries, washed, pitted, and stems removed
- In a medium saucepan, bring the bourbon and sugar to a simmer over low heat. Simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves, then turn off the heat and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Pack your cherries into two 25-ounce jars (or three smaller ones).
- Snuggle them into the jars nice and tight without smashing the cherries. Pour the syrup over the cherries in each jar until it covers the fruit completely.
- If you have any leftover syrup, you can use it to make a cocktail!
Place the lids on tight and store the cherries in the refrigerator.
- They should be used within one year.