Yield: 4 servings
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon konjac flour (or 1 tablespoon cornstarch)
- 1 (1 lb.) package frozen broccoli florets (5 cups)
- 2 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- ¾ lb. sirloin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced (6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon soy sauce with the vinegar. Place the beef strips in a ziploc bag. Pour the marinade in. Close the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible, and distributing the marinade so that it coats all the pieces. Allow to marinate while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining soy sauce with the konjac flour. Set aside.
- Microwave the broccoli florets according to package instructions: Place in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water. Cover. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stir, cover again and microwave 3 more minutes, or just until heated through.
- In a large, deep skillet or a wok, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring often, until translucent but not browned. Add the garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add the beef and stir-fry 2-3 minutes, just until the beef is no longer raw.
- Add the broccoli, the soy sauce/konjac mixture and the red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, just until everything is well-incorporated and the sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes. Off heat, drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 323; Fat: 16g; Carbohydrates: 15g; Sugar: og; Sodium: 812mg;Fiber: 5g; Protein: 32g