- Olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- 3 (5-oz) cans tuna in water, well-drained, flaked with a fork (Skipjack light tuna is smaller than Albacore tuna and contains less mercury)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup almond meal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (not foil) and lightly spray it with olive oil.
- Prepare the tartar sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tuna, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, mustard, parsley and almond meal.
- Use a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop to form eight tuna patties and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands or the back of a spoon to flatten to ½-inch thick.
- Lightly spray the tuna patties with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn to other side, spray again and bake 10 more minutes, until golden-brown. Serve immediately, with tartar sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving