This is one of the easiest and most delicious cakes I’ve ever made. It’s so simple and yummy. My kids adore it, check out how it’s made.
You would not believe that this incredible chocolate bundt cake recipe is made from a cake mix! It is so moist it’s ridiculous. The ganache topping just puts it over the top. Don’t even think about eating this without a glass of milk – it’s death by chocolate cake!
This is a cake that my mom has been making for years. she made it almost every time we’d go over to her house because she knew it was my husband’s favorite – and who would blame him? it’s got sour cream to make it super moist, and pudding to make it fudgy. it may be called “death by chocolate” cake, but you’ll swear you died and went to heaven!
and may i also point out that my nephew, when asked what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday party said he wanted “the cake that nana makes with the hole in it.” move over disney-decorated cakes….
usually when i think of baking cakes i think of huge messes in the kitchen – flour everywhere, lots of dishes to clean, etc. but this recipe really couldn’t be easier to put together. and i only used my kitchen aid stand mixer – it was the only bowl i used. awesome.
the ingredients are probably ones you have in your fridge or pantry.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix.
- 1 box of vanilla instant pudding.
- 1 box of chocolate instant pudding.
- 4 eggs.
- ¾ cup of oil.
- 1 cup of sour cream.
- Half a 12 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl for 2 minutes until combined leaving the chocolate chips aside.
- Pour half the batter in a bundt pan and top with half the chocolate chips.
- Cover the chocolate chips with the rest of the batter and top with the chocolate chips left.
- In a preheated oven to 350° bake for 50 minutes and enjoy!
- Simple, easy and delicious! This cake is a must-try. Give it a shot, I’m sure you will be amazed!