4 stalks celery, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
2 ripe pears, diced
6 leaves butterhead or romaine lettuce
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
2 tablespoons cider vinegar or pear vinegar
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 cup finely diced white cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Soak the celery in a bowl of ice water for about 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Toast the nuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for about 2-4 minutes (until slightly browned and fragrant).
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, vinegar and salt. Add the pears and stir gently to coat.
4. Add the Cheddar cheese, pecans and celery, stirring to combine. Season with pepper to taste.
5. Place the 6 lettuce leaves on plates and divide the salad, placing a portion on top of the lettuce on each plate.
6. Serve either at room temperature or chilled.
Nutritional Info :
Total fat: 13.9 g
Cholesterol: 23.1 mg
Sodium: 256.6 mg
Total carbs: 15.5 g
Dietary fiber: 3.1 g
Protein: 6.8 g