Comfort in Every Bowl: Crock Pot Hamburger Soup
Prepare to delight your taste buds and warm your soul with our delectable Crock Pot Hamburger Soup recipe. Bursting with hearty flavors and wholesome ingredients, this soup is the ultimate comfort food for chilly days or cozy evenings. Made with lean ground beef, vibrant vegetables, and savory seasonings, it’s a satisfying meal that’s sure to become a family favorite. Let’s dive into the heartwarming goodness of Crock Pot Hamburger Soup!
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes, not drained
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth
- Brown Ground Beef: In a skillet over medium heat, brown the lean ground beef until fully cooked. Drain any excess fat and transfer the cooked beef to the crock pot.
- Add Ingredients to Crock Pot: To the crock pot, add diced yellow onion, canned diced tomatoes (with their juices), tomato sauce, frozen mixed vegetables, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix Well: Stir all the ingredients in the crock pot until well combined.
- Cook on Low: Cover the crock pot and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or on high heat for 3-4 hours, until the flavors are well melded and the vegetables are tender.
- Adjust Seasoning: Taste the soup and adjust seasoning, if necessary, with additional salt, pepper, or Italian seasoning.
- Serve: Ladle the Crock Pot Hamburger Soup into bowls and serve hot. Enjoy the comforting goodness of this hearty soup!
Cook Notes and Variations:
- Add Beans: For added protein and fiber, consider adding a can of drained and rinsed kidney beans or black beans to the soup.
- Extra Vegetables: Feel free to customize the soup with your favorite vegetables, such as diced potatoes, celery, or bell peppers.
- Spice It Up: Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce for a spicy kick.
Keto and Low Carb Versions:
- Keto Option: Replace the tomato sauce with crushed tomatoes to reduce the carb content. Omit the frozen mixed vegetables or use low-carb alternatives such as cauliflower, broccoli, or bell peppers. Ensure the beef broth is unsweetened and free from added sugars.
- Low Carb Option: Similarly, opt for low-carb vegetables and reduce the amount of tomato-based ingredients. Use homemade beef broth or a low-sodium broth to control the carb content.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef? Yes, you can substitute ground turkey for ground beef if desired. Keep in mind that ground turkey may result in a slightly different flavor and texture.
- Can I make this soup on the stovetop instead of using a crock pot? Absolutely! Simply follow the same instructions, but instead of transferring the ingredients to a crock pot, simmer them in a large pot on the stovetop over medium heat for about 30-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- How should I store leftovers? Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat individual servings in the microwave or on the stovetop until heated through.
- Can I freeze this soup? Yes, you can freeze Crock Pot Hamburger Soup for future meals. Allow the soup to cool completely, then transfer it to freezer-safe containers or resealable bags. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
In conclusion, Crock Pot Hamburger Soup is a comforting and nourishing dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or a satisfying lunch option, this soup delivers on flavor and convenience. With its simple ingredients and set-it-and-forget-it cooking method, it’s a recipe that will quickly become a staple in your kitchen. So grab your crock pot, gather your ingredients, and prepare to savor the warmth and comfort of homemade soup. Your taste buds and your family will thank you for it!