|1 tbsp canola oil|
|6 large onion, sliced (about 3 pounds)|
|1⁄2 tsp salt|
|1 tbsp all-purpose flour|
|3 sprig fresh thyme|
|1⁄2 tsp fresh thyme, leaves|
|1⁄4 tsp pepper, freshly ground|
|4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth|
|4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|2 oz goat cheese, at room temperature|
|6 slice french bread, toasted (3/8 inch slices)|
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and salt; cook, first tossing with tongs and when they begin to wilt, stirring occasionally with a spoon, until pale golden brown and very soft, about 35 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring occasionally, until the flour is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onions to a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Add thyme sprigs and pepper. Pour broth over the onions. Cover and cook until the flavors are blended 4-5 hours on High or 8-10 hours on Low. Discard thyme sprigs when done.
- Combine cheese and thyme leaves in a bowl. Spread mixture over the bread slices. Ladle soup into bowls, top each serving with a bread slice.
- Per serving: 10 SmartPoints; 9 PointsPlus; 6 POINTS (old)
Source : allrecipes.Com