- 5 cups mixed dried fruits (I used a combination of dried plums, apricots, figs, cranberries, raisins and raisins)
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- ½ cup white zinfandel wine
- ¼ cup fig preserves or orange marmalade
- 1 cinnamon stick (5-inch, broken in half)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Stir the dried fruits, cranberry juice, wine, preserves, cinnamon stick pieces and lemon zest in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, until the fruit has softened and mixture thickened. When finished cooking, turn off the slow cooker. Remove and discard cinnamon stick pieces. Stir in the vanilla.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
- Transfer the mixture to small glass jars or to one large storage container. This easy dried fruit compote will keep for 3-4 weeks in the refrigerator.
Source : allrecipes.com