- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 thin slices of any of your favorite cheese
- 6 thin slices of black forest ham (any ham works)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 TB chopped up chives
- 12 Slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs, preferably Panko (gives it a great crisp!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a Medium Skillet, fry your bacon slices so they are crisp and set aside.
- Now, you will need to wash your chicken breasts and pat them dry.
- Lay the dry pieces in a row out in front of you and take a few pieces of clear plastic wrap and gently pound each so they are all about 1/4 in thickness, careful not to tear it!
- Once they are all pounded out at 1/4 thickness, place a cheese and ham slice on each chicken breast, then top with 2 slices of cooked bacon each.
- Tightly roll each chicken breast over the cheese, bacon and ham, then secure each wrap with toothpicks, if necessary. (i recommend it)
- Take the flour and season well with salt and pepper, to taste in a flat dish. Set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and chives together in a flat dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In another dish, mix whisk together eggs and water.
- Arrange all 3 dishes next to stove top where the chicken will be frying for easy access.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Lightly coat each chicken wrap with the flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture.
- Gently coat each roll in the bread crumbs and place in pan to fry.
- Cook each until chicken is browned on all sides and juices run clear.- about 4 minutes. Transfer breasts to serving plate. Remove toothpicks if used.
Source : allrecipes.Com