- 1 Tablespoonminced garlic
- 2 teaspoonsminced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoonsesame oil
- 1 Tablespoonolive oil, plus more for brushing on rolls
- 1 poundground chicken
- 1 cupfinely shredded green cabbage
- 2scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cupsliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoonsstore-bought hoisin sauce
- 12square (7-inch) spring roll wrappers (See Kelly’s Notes)
- Sweet chili sauce, for serving (See Kelly’s Notes)
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Sauté the garlic and ginger in the sesame and olive oils in large sauté pan set over medium-low heat.
Add the ground chicken to the pan, breaking it apart into small pieces, and sauté until fully cooked.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté just until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and drain out any liquid. Stir in the green cabbage, scallions and hoisin sauce until thoroughly combined. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Arrange the spring roll wrappers on a dry work surface then place 3 to 4 tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the center of each of the spring roll wrappers. Roll the wrappers around the mixture, folding the edges inward. Before your final fold, dip your fingers in water and then moisten the outer edge of the wrapper to seal the spring roll shut. (See Kelly’s Notes.)
Arrange the spring rolls in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat nonstick baking mat. Brush the tops of the rolls with olive oil then bake them for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating after 6 minutes, until they’re golden brown and crispy. Remove the spring rolls from the oven and serve them immediately with the sweet chili sauce.