- 1 package of string cheese – cut in half
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 1 cup bacon bits –
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs –
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley –
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder –
- oil for frying –
- place the eggs in a medium sized bowl and beat lightly. set aside.
- in a food processor, add the bacon bits. pulse the bacon bits until fine enough to coat the cheese-sticks.
- add in the panko, parsley and garlic powder. pulse until combined. pour out into a dish.
- dip each mozzarella cheese stick into the egg and place into the bacon bit mixture. roll the cheese-sticks around in the bacon mixture until coated well.
- place each coated cheese-stick onto a tray. repeat with the remaining cheese-sticks.
- put the tray of coated cheese-sticks into the freezer until completely frozen.
- preheat the oil in a frying pan to 350 degrees.
- carefully place the cheese-sticks in the oil and fry quickly until golden brown. allow to cool for a few minutes before eating!
Source : allrecipes.Com