- 1 pound fettuccine (use your favorite gluten free brand if needed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (or store bought)
- 1-2 (8 ounce) jars of
- 1/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, oil drained
- 8 ounces sheep’s milk feta cheese, crumbled (may sub regular feta, but the sheep’s milk is creamier)
- 6 ounces fontina cheese, finely diced or shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt + pepper
- 6 ounces (or more) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- fresh basil, for serving
- tom-tom (grape/cherry) tomatoes, halved, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente. Drain the pasta and add it right back to the hot pot. To the pot add the butter,, , enchilada sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, sheep’s milk feta cheese, fontina cheese, cream cheese and heavy cream. Season with pepper and a tiny pinch of salt. Using a large wooden spoon toss everything together until a creamy sauce has formed, about 3-5 minutes. If pot is not oven safe, transfer the pasta to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place the mozzarella slices (or shredded mozz) on top of the pasta.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn the broiler on and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil ribbons. Allow to sit five minutes and then serve with fresh tom-tom tomatoes.
Source : allrecipes.com