- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 large red pepper, seeded diced
- 1 cup skim or fat-free milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh corn kernel or 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat 4 1-cupramekins or an 8-inch round soufflé dish with cooking spray. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the flour, paprika, and salt. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often until a thick paste forms.
- Add the red pepper and cook a minute more. Add the milk and whisk well. Bring to a slow boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes more until the mixture thickens. Stir in the spinach and stir 1 minute more until the spinach wilts. Turn the heat off and stir in the corn, eggs, bacon, and baking powder.
- Distribute the mixture between the ramekins or spoon into the soufflé dish nearly to the top with the corn batter. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until center is firm or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Source : allrecipes.com