- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger (freshly grated is best!)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 8 cups butternut squash, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 2 lbs butternut squash)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1-2 cups heavy cream
- Croutons and chopped pecans, optional
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and spices to melted better and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and apple cider. Bring to a boil.
- Add squash and carrots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until squash and carrots can easily be poked with a fork. Check liquid in the pot while simmering. Add more chicken stock if necessary.
- Pour all the contents of the pot into a blender. Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Blend in 1 cup of heavy cream. Gradually add more until the mixture reaches the consistency of a creamy soup.
- Pour the contents of blender back into the pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
- After serving soup into individual bowls, garnish with croutons and chopped pecans.
Source : Allrecipes.Com