- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo (see Note)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions (may sub green onions)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 or 10 inch will work)
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
- NOTE: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they’ll keep at least 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer. I have also used chipotle sauce with wonderful results
Source : allrecipes.Com