- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Take your chicken and place between plastic wrap, use a meat mallet to pound it out to about 1/4 thickness.
- Cut into 3 ‘tender size’ pieces per breast.
- dredge the chicken pieces in flour, set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, heat butter with only one of the TBs of olive oil, then add the dredged chicken & saute until golden brown on each side, roughly 4 minutes per side. Remove & set aside.
- In the same hot skillet, add the olive oil, onion powder, mushrooms and garlic & saute until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add the white wine to skillet, scraping up all the browned bits that are at the bottom of the pan, then add the chicken back & sprinkle with the parsley.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan once again and set to the side.
- Add the cream to the skillet and heat through.
- While mixing, add in the asiago cheese
- Stirring constantly over a low heat until cheese completely melts.
- Continue cooking until sauce is thickened
- Add chicken back and heat through.
Source : allrecipes.com